Extra Curricular Activities
We offer a range of extra curricular activities. Children are encouraged to participate in extra curricular activities, which are regarded as an important part of school life. Where activities are organised after school, children are invited by letter and they must have the written agreement of parents or guardians before taking part.
Activities offered during school time:
- Brass instrument – Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Guitar – Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Violin – Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Flute/Clarinet/Fife – Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Choir Club – Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
After school activities include:
- KS1 & KS2 Football
- Streetdance – Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Multiskills – Year 1 & 2
- Cricket in the summer – Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Craft Clubs
- STEM Robotics
Regular sporting fixtures are held against other schools.
We use our Government Sports Premium Grant to fund a sports coach, who works in school with each class as part of the PE curriculum.
Before and After School Care
We have a very successful before and afterschool care facility which is provided by OOSC. The company was set up by two mums in 2006 in Olveston Primary School and has grown to include many local schools.
Their details can be found by clicking on the link below: