About our School

Frenchay C of E Primary School
 
We are currently a small primary school for 4 – 11 year olds situated in the conservation area of Frenchay. Founded in 1829, the school moved to its present site in 1842. The building is Grade 2 listed and is an early example of the Victorian style. There are currently 5 classes and with a capacity roll of 140 pupils. 
 
As the village of Frenchay grows, there are plans for the school to grow also. During the summer of 2021 the building works for a new two form entry primary school began. This is located on the site which previously housed Frenchay Hospital. 
 
Once the new building is complete we shall move to the site and begin to expand over time. Ultimately the school will become a two form entry school with up to 420 pupils in 14 classes. The building is a state of the art passivhaus building, featuring many energy saving aspects such as triple glazing to meet the Local Authorities Eco agenda. Please see our school expansion tab for more information on this building project. 
 
A little history... 
Frenchay is a Conservation Area and the current school is situated in the middle of Frenchay Common, between the church and the pub. The school was built by public subscription and the local gentry who lived in the grand houses took an active interest in the school, often writing critical comments in the school log book. Frenchay is 5 miles from the centre of Bristol but is a popular place to live and visit because of its village atmosphere.
 
The school has strong links with the local community, including St John's Church, the Residents Association and the Parish Council. 

Believe, Belong, Become
Taken from Hebrews 10:24-25
‘And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds’