Frenchay C of E Primary School
We are a small village primary school for 5 – 11 year olds situated in the conservation area of Frenchay. Founded in 1829, the school moved to its present site in 1842. The building is Grade 2 listed and is an early example of the Victorian style. There are currently 5 classes and 132 pupils.
Frenchay is a Conservation Area and the school is situated in the middle of Frenchay Common, between the church and the pub. The school was built by public subscription and the local gentry who lived in the grand houses took an active interest in the school, often writing critical comments in the school log book. Frenchay is 5 miles from the centre of Bristol but is a popular place to live and visit because of its village atmosphere.